Washoe Country School District
May 21, 2013
TMCC High School
"Student Success, Whatever It Takes"
Is Our Mission
How It Works
- TMCC High School is a Washoe County School located on the Truckee Meadows Community College Campus
- Each semester students take up to three required high school classes taught by high school teachers. High school classes offered are junior and senior English, U.S. History, Government, Algebra 1-2, Algebra 3-4, and Geometry 1-2.
- Students may take up to three college courses each semester and receive both college and high school credits (dual credit benefit).
- All high school classes are taught between 12:30 - 4:50 p.m. with a block schedule of three days a week (MWF or TTHF). College classes maybe scheduled at any other time and at any location they are offered.
- The high school and college atmosphere gives students the opportunity to achieve academically and accept responsibility in a safe and comfortable environment. Discipline is self-imposed.
- Applicants are screened for overall GPA, attendance, and discipline.
Advantages for Students
- Get a head start on college.
- Earn dual credit toward high school graduation and college certification and degrees.
- Build a class schedule to meet student needs and interest.
- Enjoy small class size.
- Use state-of-the-art college computer labs, library, and free tutoring service.
- Receive technical, occupational and career job skills training from college instructors in modern, well-equipped facilities.
- Enjoy all the advantages of being a TMCC High School student AND a Truckee Meadows Community College student.
- Develop an individual education plan that includes completing high school while starting post-secondary training.
- Transportation to the TMCC High School campus is the student's responsibility.
- Students pay for college course books.
- Financial assistance may be available for qualified students.
- Sports, band, R.O.T.C., clubs and other activities may be limited or not available through the TMCC High School.
- Students must withdraw from their zoned high school and will graduate with TMCC High School students.
Who is Eligible
- Incoming juniors (16 years old by Sept 30th) and seniors are eligible to apply.
- Students who have a minimum of a 2.0 overall G.P.A. are eligible to apply.
- Students who have good attendance and good discipline are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Obtain an application from your high school counselor or call TMCC High School at (775) 674-7660.