Washoe Country School District
The Purchasing Department of Washoe County School District recognizes and embraces its responsibility to provide the highest level of support with continuous effort for improvement to Washoe County School District schools and departments in accordance with Federal, State and local statutes and regulations.
Please click here for an update about the Vendor Product Review Process.
Departmental Plan - Purchasing Department
Winner of the National Purchasing Institutes' Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award
1997 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010
- To provide superior customer service and satisfaction
- To develop contractual avenues that provide the greatest value in products and services
- To collaborate with other government institutes to develop contracts leveraging the maximum potential volumes
- To maintain an ethical and professional posture
- To develop mutually supportive partnerships with organizations and corporations
Washoe County School District's Environmental Purchasing Statement
The Washoe County School District's Purchasing Department embraces the responsibility to environmentally preferable purchasing (EPP).
To support the effort of EPP, the Purchasing Department will give preference to environmentally superior products where quality, function and cost are equal or better. In addition, when practical, the Purchasing Department will seek opportunities to increase sustainable and recycled product sourcing.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Supplier Visits by Appointment Only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
14101 Old Virginia Road
Reno, Nevada 89521
Phone: (775) 850-8025
Fax: (775) 857-3175
- From 395 South, take the Damonte Ranch Parkway exit.
- Turn west onto Damonte Ranch Parkway.
- Turn left onto Old Virginia Road (first traffic light).
- Follow Old Virginia Road until it ends.
- The Brown Center is the red brick school on the right hand side.
- Purchasing is just inside the main entrance.
- Please check in at room 0 (first office on the right).