Washoe Country School District
The Department of Government Affairs is the District's voice on policy-level issues. The primary responsibilties of the department include:
- Communicating the point of view and needs of the District to the community, elected officials and key decision-makers.
- Developing strategies that support the District within the community and at all levels of government.
- Acting as Liaison with elected officials including federal, state and local governments
Contact Your Elected Officials
Use the following documents for assistance in finding your elected officials:
- Political Contact List - By School
- Nevada State Assembly Members
- Nevada State Senate Members
- Nevada State Legislature: "Which Legislator Represents My...?"
- Do's & Don'ts Tip Sheet
- WCSD Board Policy 1310, Political Activity
Nevada State Legislature
2013 Legislative Session
- The District and the 2013 Nevada State Legislative Session
- Legislative Committee on Education
- Legislative Committee on Education - Recommendations, August 12, 2012
2011 Legislative Session
- Use this link to access information related to the 2011 Nevada State Legislative Session.
Contact the Department of Government Affairs
Lindsay E. Anderson, Director
P.O. Box 30425
Reno, NV 89520-3425
425 East 9th Street
Reno, NV 89512
Phone: (775) 348-3846
Fax: (775) 348-0304