Washoe Country School District
Welcome to World Learners
The Diversity and Equity office task is to continue the efforts the district has made over the years to create a culturally competent school system. These efforts have included: a Diversity Task Force Report, recruiting a diverse staff, creating a diversity and equity office, and more recently helping in the development of a new district strategic plan. With the success of these efforts the Diversity and Equity Office is helping to assure that all WCSD students will graduate "career and/or college ready."
We envision WCSD to be a place:
- Where families, faculty, school leaders, and communities feel that power, responsibility, and successes are equally shared.
- Where parents, guardians, students, and the community are able to freely express their concerns and feel safe, valued and appreciated and validated.
- Where all students have a voice and are treated with dignity and respect.
- Where all students are nurtured, supported and "ready for the future."
- Where students accept, learn and appreciate all of the unique qualities of individuals.
Provide Washoe County School District the necessary guidance and assistance to create an equitable, academically enriching, safe, and welcoming school environment for all students, their families and the community.
The Diversity and Equity Office receive input from students, parents, staff and community members to work on the diversity issues of the Washoe County School District. Together we analyze and evaluate the district's efforts relative to diversity, make reccomendations to the superintendent on matters related to diversity, and assist with there implementation.